Re: problems about installing ns-2

Yung-Szu,

As you mentioned, this is a Tcl problem.  It seems to me that you have
another version of Tcl in your machine which is also in the default
path.  You added NS to bottom of your path, so my guess is the other
version of Tcl is being detected.  I suggest you move your NS path to
front and see what happens.  If that doesn't work, I suggest you
consult with <http://www.scriptics.com> to fix your problem.

Nader

>>> "Yung-Szu" == Yung-Szu Tu <[email protected]> writes:

Yung-Szu> Hi, I am a new user of ns-2. After I downloaded the
Yung-Szu> all-in-one package , run the install script, add the
Yung-Szu> following in my .cshrc

Yung-Szu> set path=($path
Yung-Szu> /w/ee.0/rubin/yungszu/ee233c/ns-allinone-2.1b5/bin)

Yung-Szu> setenv LD_LIBRARY_PATH
Yung-Szu> /w/ee.0/rubin/yungszu/ee233c/ns-allinone-2.1b5/otcl-1.0a4

Yung-Szu> I try to run the demos shown in your mannual.

Yung-Szu> ns fq.tcl

Yung-Szu> But the error message is as followed.  athens% ns fq.tcl
Yung-Szu> application-specific initialization failed: Can't find a
Yung-Szu> usable init.tcl in the /usr/local/lib/tcl7.5
Yung-Szu> /usr/apps/lib/tcl7.5 /w/ee.0/rubin/yungszu/tcl7.5/liby This
Yung-Szu> probably means that Tcl wasn't installed properly.

Yung-Szu> couldn't read file "fq.tcl": no such file or directory

Yung-Szu> How to deal with this problem?

Yung-Szu> Thanks

Yung-Szu> Sincerely, Yung-Szu Tu