Re: Node expandaddr

On Tue, 27 Apr 1999, Kamil Sarac wrote:

> In ns documentation it says that by default a multicast simulation is
> restricted to 128 nodes.

as is a unicast simulation - I understand the multicast bit gets
reserved anyway, since flags weren't always set before the simulator
was initialised.  Legacy stuff, on the way to being tidied up, I
think.

> Does "Node expandaddr" function increase
> address space for multicast simulations as in unicast simulations?

Yes, reliably, although it's recently (in recent snapshots, AFAIK)
been deprecated by set-address-format expanded now set-address-format
expanded works for multicast. If you check the list archives you'll
see me reporting problems with set-address-format...

See:
http://www-mash.cs.berkeley.edu/dist/archive/ns-users/9904/0170.html

for the latest on that.

http://www-mash.cs.berkeley.edu/dist/archive/ns-users/9901/0084.html
for a warning about set-address-format and a recommendation to use
expandaddr with multicast for earlier versions of ns...

L.

...and pretty much everything else I've ever posted, come to think of it!