Obstacles in mobile networks

Hi there!

We are running ns-2b5 with the cmu extensions and ad-hockey to make simulations
on routing protocols. One thing that we seem to experinence is that ns does not
seem to take into account our obstacles. Since we have a fairly small model,
just 32 x 10 meters we would also like to limit the range to 10 meters and the
obstacles should also cut all radio signals.

Now trying to run the simulations in ns (the scenario file holds the line)
# nominal range: 10.000000 bw: 384000.000000
still we get the impression of that ns uses the standard 250 meters nominal
range since all nodes are talking to eachother even though they shouldn't.

Also it seems as if the obstacles does not exist.

We would appreciate some more info about this!

/Andree Jacobson