How to use a trace for traffic gntr?

Dear ns-gurus,

Can anyone out there explain "How to use a trace file
for a traffic source generator". The trace file I am
referring to is *not* the ns-generated tracefile.
 For example, I have a file with tuples
 "Bytes  vs. Timestamp". e.g  100 2.4456,
indicating 100 byte-pkt arrived at 2.4456 secs... and so on... How do I
make ns read the file and generate pkts appropriately?

I looked at the documentation for Application/Traffic/Trace, but its
very unclear and the format is also confusing (to me)

There is also one more query I would like ask (probably this is asked
many times?!):
If I want a pkt scheduler of my own, should I start with a subclass of
"Queue"? any pointers.. highly appreciated..

Thanks a lot in advance...

with best regards to all
GC