re: Setdest, Calcdest

>        After successfully compiling both setdest.cc and calcdest.cc I had
>trouble running them on solaris. Both files are looking for a /dev/random
>file which does not exist. And this is needed to initialize the random
>generator.... I really appreciate some help !! Thanks !!

As you've diagnosed, the trouble is that Solaris doesn't provide
/dev/random as pool of randomness for use as a seed.  You'll need to
figure out how to get a good random seed on Solaris, and then add code
to setdest.cc to use your method.  You could just use the timeofday if
all else fails.  If you're successful, please send me back the diffs
and we'll incorporate it into future releases.

It turns out that calcdest doesn't need random numbers at all, and the
fact the code is there simply reflects bad programming and lack of
time on my part when I converted setdest into calcdest.  The random
number generator code could be removed from calcdest.

Thanks for your continuing interest,
 -dam