Re: Tarball error in ns-wireless snapshot

On Wed, 05 May 1999 19:14:31 +0200, Andree Jacobson wrote:
>Yes, it downloads correctly but you cannot unpack more than approx 11 Mb of
>it... I have fetched it in 4 different ways (fetch, wget, netscape and lynx) and
>I still can't unpack it.
>
>Here's the output:
>
>andree@proj4 ~ >gunzip ns-src-wireless-ver.tar.gz
>
>gunzip: ns-src-wireless-ver.tar.gz: invalid compressed data--format violated
>Exit 1

You're correct... it is corrupted.  (I only tested looking at the
beginning, not 11MB into the tar!)  What's strange is it decodes
successfully on the web server.

I recommend you use today's daily snapshot in its place.
This also has the benefit of being 33% smaller.
(We'll fix the corrupted tar.)

   -John Heidemann