Re: Trace file problem

On Thu, 6 May 1999, Sean Lee wrote:

> I keep getting this message:
>
> "You are using the tracefile format older than 1.0a5
> which will not allow you to run namgraph"
>
> How do I change the tracefil format so I can run namgraph?

You, um, rerun your simulation with a later version of ns. Ideally, ns
and nam should be roughly the same vintage.

(I keep thinking there should be a more elegant way to handle this,
 but since ns is in beta and nam is in alpha, it's hardly a
 legacy problem you could complain about on the scale of Microsoft
 Word. nam could be more tolerant and forgiving here, though.)

cheers,

L.

be liberal in what you accept etc.