Re: ns and memory

Sasha,

With 64M memory, it's already pretty good that you can do
300-node simulations.  There're two ways to improve the scale of your
simulations.  One is to find a machine that comes with more memory or add
more swap space to your BSD box.  The other solution isn't as straight
forward.  Depending on the nature of your simulations,
you may be able to try some of the 'abstraction techniques'. For
examples,

1. centralized multicast, if detailed join/leave actions in multicast
protocls do not have effect on the problem you're trying to study.

2. SessionSim, if your simulations are not reqired to have
drops due to congestions

3. algorithmic routing, if your simulation topology is virtually a
tree

4. virtual classifier, if you are simulation more about simple protocol
behavior than performance.

5. finite state machine TCP (not in the main distribution yet), if you're
creating many short tcp connections as background traffic.

Cheers,
-Polly