Re: extenting topology (fwd)

Amina,

After using Node expandaddr, you expand the default address space from
2^15 to 2^31. The 1st bit is reserved to distinguish between mcast and
ucast addresses.  At this point, the default address setting is that
the higher 23 bits are to indicate node ids (i.e. you can have up to 2^23
nodes in your simulation topology) and the lower 8 bits for port ids
(i.e, each node can attach 2^8 agents).  If you don't have that many
agents attaching to nodes.  You can use this command to reformat the
setting and in turn allowing you to simulate more nodes. For example:

$ns set-address 26 5
                ^  ^
                |  |
        node bits  port bits