Re: how to get the throughput for Agent/MFTP,

Zhiwei Xiao wrote:

> Hi, there:
>   i am studying the MFTP simulation and wondering how to compute the
> thrput for it. seems to me that the thrput heavily depends on some
> parameters' setting like the sender interval_.  i do not know in practice
> what interval_ number makes sense.  any suggestion is highly appreciated!
>
> xiao

interval_ is an MFTP-sender specific variable and denotes the time (in
s) between two packet transmissions. For example, if set to 0.2, the
sender transmits packets at time t, t+0.2, t+0.4 etc. (t=start time).

Depending on how large you make your packets (as specified in variable
dtuSize_), you can compute the transmission rate (in [byte/s], not
including overhead) to:

	dtuSize_ / interval_

Of course, the average throughput of a complete file transmission is
somewhat less, since depending on the receiver loss rates, repair
packets need to be sent. In general, throughput is for every receiver a
different one.

    -Chris.