Re: Web simulation (fwd)

In order for the client to generate a request, it must which page a server
has. Also, when the server starts up, it needs to know what are the
attributes of all of its pages. That page pool serves this purpose. Its
name should have been something like "Page generator" to avoid the
confusion.

A server needs to bind to a page generator in order to initialize its page
information. For example, if one uses a proxy trace to drive a simulation,
and the server needs to load the page information from the page generator
at the beginning. It is less desirable to do this let every client and
every server to load this trace file individually, and a centralized
page pool allows all clients and servers to share this information.

Hope this helps.

- Haobo