Re: extenting topology (fwd)

Polly Huang wrote:

> Amina,
>
> After using Node expandaddr, you expand the default address space from
> 2^15 to 2^31. The 1st bit is reserved to distinguish between mcast and
> ucast addresses.  At this point, the default address setting is that
> the higher 23 bits are to indicate node ids (i.e. you can have up to 2^23
> nodes in your simulation topology) and the lower 8 bits for port ids
> (i.e, each node can attach 2^8 agents).  If you don't have that many
> agents attaching to nodes.  You can use this command to reformat the
> setting and in turn allowing you to simulate more nodes. For example:
>
> $ns set-address 26 5
>                 ^  ^
>                 |  |
>         node bits  port bits
>
> hope this helps,

Thanks for help.

but the problem persist
I have one client with every node but with
$ns set-address 26 5
I have a message telling that i exceed the port field
I had change that to
$ns set-address 20  11
with that i succed to have 700 nodes but with 1000 nodes i have a
segmantation fault

I don't understand the reason
Can someone help me

thanks