Re: SPT tree on PIM-SM

> Hi Dr Helmy,
> I have a quetion about switching to SPT tree on PIM-SM:
> When the data rate for the group exceeds a certain configured threshold
> (t1) , the router receivers initiates source specific data rate for the
> following packets .
> This threshold t1 , is it unic at all multicast routers ? or each roter is
> configured to its t1?
> Could you help me please?

	in general it is configuratble per router, the spec doesn't give
any specific threshold. It may also be configurable per group.
	there are some guidelines for setting this threshild but by no
means are they specification. you can check the guidelines document
Internet Draft at my web page
	catarina.usc.edu/ahelmy/resume.html, look under the internet
drafts section under publications,

or check the pim web page catarina.usc.edu/pim

Regrds,
-A