Problem solved

I sent the request below this morning. I later found that a user found the
same problem installing over Red Hat Linux 5.1, and that John Heidemann
posted a solution.

John noted that this is a Tcl problem and pointed us to www.scriptics.com
for a patch. Indeed, there is a patch for this: I downloaded it and updated
tclPosixStr.c with it (I did this manually: couldn't get the "patch" command
to do it correctly). After this, ns 2b5 all-in-one installed comletely
without further problems on Rd Hat Linux 6.0, and passed all validation
tests. Thank you, John!

= Peter
Peter Warren
GTE Laboratories