Re: Problem with NAM while playing animation

Hi Haobo,

Thank you for the quick reponse.

I simlified my network configuration to 2 nodes. I attached a CBR Agent
to node 0 and its sink (Null Agent) to node 1.

			Link
		(0)------------(1)
	    CBR Source	      Sink

After that I wanted the link between nodes 0 and 1 to go down at time 1
and come up again at time 2, then I ran the simulation in 5 seconds.
Here however, NAM crashed again at time 1 with the "memory exceeded"
message:

$ ns example1b.tcl
When configured, ns found the right version of perl in
but it doesn't seem to be there anymore, so
ns will fall back on running the first perl in your path.
The wrong version of perl may break the test suites.
Reconfigure and rebuild ns if this is a problem.
using backward compatible Agent/CBR; use Application/Traffic/CBR instead
$ Cannot connect to existing nam instance. Starting a new one...
Virtual memory exceeded in `new'

I found that the error was caused by the following commands in the tcl
script:

$ns rtmodel-at 1.0 down $n0 $n1
$ns rtmodel-at 2.0 up $n0 $n1

I attach here my tcl source, please pay attention to lines 44 and 45.

Please help me fix the bug. Thank you.

Cheers,

Thanh

Haobo Yu wrote:

> It runs fine for me on FreeBSD. It must be a platform-dependent problem.
> It would be helpful if you can provide more information, e.g., where it
> broke and how, since we don't have hpux machines here and cannot see why
> it happened... Thanks.
>
> - Haobo

    Nguyen Huu Thanh

    Universitaet der Bundeswehr Muenchen
    Institut fuer informationstechnische Systeme
    Werner-Heisenberg-Weg 39
    85577 Neubiberg
    Tel.: +49 89 6004-2279
    Email: [email protected]