NS from pieces on Win95

Hello,

I'm installing NS from its pieces on a Win95 platform using visual C++ and I
have run into a few difficulties.

After reading the install guide on the Internet, It's not clear to me where
and how visual C++ is used.  Maybe someone can clarify the reason why we
must:  run nmake /f makefile.vc
And from what directories we must do this.

	Also what is the importance of having "sufficient environment
space"?  I tried modifying the autoexec.bat by adding the line:

		SHELL= C:\COMMAND.COM C:\ /E:32000 /P

and I still got complaints about environment space when running vcvars32.bat
in my bin directory.  After modifying 32000 to 100000 I got the same
complaints.  Are these complaints supposed to go away or are they
insignificant?

Thank you,

Matthew Marchant
*	E-mail:  [email protected]