GPRS over ns?

[followup from GPRS discusson on ns-users]

On Mon, 7 Jun 1999, Janssen, S.A. wrote:

> Ok, I don't know exactly what you already have, so..

thanks for the info. The GPRS mobile backbones are uglier than I
thought...

> - 2nd, are you saying there already is some ns implementation of the GPRS
> radio part?

Well, there might be. If you look at:

http://iceberg.cs.berkeley.edu/overview.html

and view the presentations you'll see that iceberg has a strong GPRS
focus and that according to:

http://www.cs.berkeley.edu/~randy/ericsson/sld011.htm

they've already completed the various GSM layers within ns.
So GPRS implementation in ns looks like an attainable goal.

I asked around at the ns retreat but no-one admitted to knowing much
about iceberg and pointed me at Reiner. Reiner, is there anything you
can tell us about this?

thanks,

L.