Re: What's the default routing algorithm?

On Sat, 12 Jun 1999, Satish Kumar wrote:

> Static routing is the default where routes to all destinations are
> computed at the beginning of the simulation.

I keep thinking that ideally this would be assigned an rtproto that
you _could_ set (that didn't do anything new). This would be good
for completeness/overriding/indicating that some thought was given to
routing, and probably analogous to set-address-format def, which picks
the default address space. Whatever that is; maps to
set-address-format small or set-address-format expanded as
appropriate.

$ns rtproto default, anyone?

L.

'computed at the beginning of the simulation' makes me shudder. It's
just so _fixed_.