Is 'dynamic scheduling' in tcl script possible?

Dear ns-users,

I have just installed ns and started to learn it.
While I am exploring the features of ns, I would like to ask a question
to ns-experts.

Gievn 4 traffic sources, for example, ftp0, ftp1, ftp2 and ftp3, is it
possible to schedule ftp2 and ftp3 after arrival of ftp0 and ftp1 to
their destination nodes?

>From archives, I found the same kind of question posted on May 1997
below.
Any body has an answer?

Many thanks in advance for any comments.

Sincerely,
Insub Shin

-----------
Is 'dynamic scheduling' in tcl script possible?

Hyogon Kim ([email protected])
Mon, 12 May 1997 15:02:16 -0400

Hi,

it seems to me that using NS is like loading a gun and shooting it. By
"pre-scheduling" events using "ns at" in tcl script, and by shooting I
mean invoking
"ns run". It doesn't seem that I can schedule events after the ns run
(so it's sort of
a point of no return). But isn't this a handicapped feature when
simulating, say a
ftp session, where I could transmit multiple files back to back, and the
start time of each
TCP connection depends on the duration of the previous connections. I
mean when you
can't predetermine the start time of a (TCP) connection, what can you
do? Is there some
way to work around this on tcl script level? (I don't really want to
tweak the simulation
engine itself except for last resort) Or is it the case I am just
missing something?
In either case, would you please be kind enough to enlighten me?

Thanks a lot,
Hyogon