About fragmentation/reassembly function

Hi everybody,
I've read your mails about the fragm/reass agent available for Ns-2 (and
I've read also the archives). I need to develop my fragm/reass function
(together with ARQ function) and I find it more useful if I could implement
it at link layer (writing my LL.CC and LL.H files).
After your discussion my question is: do you finally think it's possible to
implement it at link layer, or there are some known problems wich don't
allow me to do that? (for example: can a LinkDelay object like LL generate
packets without causing problems to Ns?).
Please answer, it's important for me. Thanks in advance.

Luca