Simulating cellular networks in ns

I would like to run some simulations of a cellular network using ns-2, but
even the latest snapshot (2.1b6, as of today) doesn't seem to support such
networks.  All of the wireless code seems to assume a mobile ad-hoc network
running DSR or DSDV.  This is inappropriate for my purposes because I only
want mobile hosts routing packets through base stations; I don't want them
routing through each other.  I'm hoping that maybe I've missed something,
and that code for fixed-infrastructure cellular networks *does* exist in
ns-2.  But if it doesn't, has anyone hacked the code to address cellular
networks?

(By the way, the mobile IP code -- pre-2.1b6 -- isn't very helpful in this
regard either, because it doesn't address the MAC sublayer, and it requires
the establishment of a broadcast link between each possible pair of mobile
hosts and base stations.  The post-2.1b5 mobile IP code is equally unhelpful
because it is built on top of the CMU code and therefore allows mobile hosts
to use ad-hoc routing.  Or at least it seems that way to me.)

-BV