test-suite-mixmode.tcl

>Current ns snapshot supports basestation and wireless mix mode. See
>ns-2/tcl/test/test-suite-mixmode.tcl
>
>-Ya
>
>On Wed, 7 Jul 1999, Brett Vickers wrote:
>
>> I would like to run some simulations of a cellular network using ns-2,
but
>> even the latest snapshot (2.1b6, as of today) doesn't seem to support
such
>> networks.  All of the wireless code seems to assume a mobile ad-hoc
network
>> running DSR or DSDV.  This is inappropriate for my purposes because I
only
>> want mobile hosts routing packets through base stations; I don't want
them
>> routing through each other.  I'm hoping that maybe I've missed something,
>> and that code for fixed-infrastructure cellular networks *does* exist in
>> ns-2.  But if it doesn't, has anyone hacked the code to address cellular
>> networks?

I have the feeling that this is not intended to simulate base stations. It
seems to me it is a kind of hierarchical ad-hoc network. Am I right ?

Are base stations simulated in ns ?

Thanks

Gwendal
Universite Pierre et Marie Curie 		tel : +33 (0) 1 44 27 75 12
Laboratoire LIP6-CNRS,				fax: +33 (0) 1 44 27 74 95
8 Rue du Capitaine Scott			mailto:[email protected]
75015 Paris, France				http://www-rp.lip6.fr/~legrand