Installation problem : wish

I have been able to successfully make ns, tcl and tk.

However when I try to run ns, it gives a segmentation fault. I tried to run
"wish", the executable for tk8.0.4, but it gives the following error :
----------------------------
"
Application initialization failed: Can't find a usable init.tcl in the
following directories:
    /auto/repos/tcltk/tk8.0.3/lib/tcl8.0 /opt/gnu/lib/tcl8.0 /opt/lib/tcl8.0
/opt/gnu/library /opt/library /opt/tcl8.0/library /tcl8.0/library

This probably means that Tcl wasn't installed properly.
"

I tried running tclsh and it runs perfectly fine.

I understand that the problem is that init.tcl is not present in any of the
listed directories. Can anyone tell me how I can modify these listed
directories ?

I know that init.tcl is present in my ../tcl8.0/library directory.

Thanx.
-Kartik