To who's interested in running ns on win32 [Was: Re: Validation onwin95]

(1) On validation:

I'm sorry, Christian, and thanks a lot for pointing this out. I did get
your validation results on Feburary and later. I looked through those
results again and they showed that the following tests failed:

 ./test-all-simple ./test-all-tcp ./test-all-red ./test-all-sack
 ./test-all-schedule ./test-all-red-v1 ./test-all-sack-v1 ./test-all-v1
 ./test-all-vegas-v1 ./test-all-ecn ./test-all-manual-routing
 ./test-all-intserv ./test-all-webcache ./test-all-srm

Doing a diff on them reveals that the differences were all due to the
rounding of the last digits of the floating points. Since trace.cc in ns
has been modified to provide its own rounding routine since then, I'll
redo a validate later to check again.

(2) On general installation instructions of ns-2:

Thanks to Matthew Marchant <[email protected]>, who provided a
win32 (95/98/nt) installation tutorial. It's available at
http://mash.cs.berkeley.edu/ns/ns-win32-build.html. Thanks, Matthew!

- Haobo