Re: problem to build a simple toppology...

On Sun, 18 Jul 1999, Vincenzo Mazzota wrote:

>     I have a problem I concern the concepts to create a net topology....
[..]
> I send my TCL script :
[..]
> $ns simplex-link fuente1 switch 10000Mb 1ms DropTail     ;# source1
[..]
> invalid command name "fuente1"
>     while executing
> "$n1 id"
>     (procedure "_o3" line 3)
>     (Simulator simplex-link line 3)
>     invoked from within
> "$ns simplex-link fuente1 switch 10000Mb 1ms DropTail     "
>     (file "fifo_16_7_99.tcl" line 36)

Try e.g.:
set linkwidth [expr 10000*1024*1024]
$ns simplex-link $fuente1 $switch $linkwidth 1ms Droptail

Your problems appear related to not having grasped Tcl/OTcl syntax.
More time reading example code, less time writing in some other
language, I think.

cheers,

L.