Re: Installation problems with allinone-2.1b5 & Solaris 2.6

If you downloaded ns-allinone2.1b5a.tar.gz, which is mostly likely the
case, then the patch has already been applied to it.  Thus applying
the patch does not help you.  Send me the exact error message(s).  To
do this, run the following command:

	./install >& install.out

and send me install.out.

Nader

>>> "Chuck" == Chuck Nunez <[email protected]> writes:

Chuck> Hi, I just tried to install the allinone version of ns-2.1b5.
Chuck> I got a message similar to the one mentioned in the problems
Chuck> page (http://www-mash.cs.berkeley.edu/ns/ns-problems.html)
Chuck> ("...ns-allinone fails to detect the correct version of tclsh,
Chuck> i.e. tclsh8.0...").

Chuck> I downloaded the ns-allinone-2.1b5.patch and followed the steps
Chuck> in the solution.  The result of Step 2 below was that patch
Chuck> wanted to know what I want to apply the patch against.

Chuck> Any suggestions would be appreciated.

Chuck> Thanks, Chuck Nunez Please reply to: [email protected]

Chuck> Copied from Problems.html: ns-allinone-2.1b5

Chuck> Problem: ns-allinone fails to detect the correct version of
Chuck> tclsh, i.e. tclsh8.0. As a result, the installation script
Chuck> fails or, worse, finds an out-of-date tclsh in the directory
Chuck> which could cause some malfunctioning in the future.

Chuck> Solution: 1.Download this patch and place it at your allinone
Chuck> directory.  2.Apply the patch by typing "patch -p <
Chuck> ns-allinone-2.1b5.patch" 3.Remove config.cache from your OTcl,
Chuck> TclCl, ns, and nam directories 4.Re-install

Chuck> address at <a href="http://mail.yahoo.com/">Yahoo!
Chuck> Mail</a>.<br>