Re: Error in Marc Greiss Tutorial

Mickael Vera wrote:
> I had a problem a few weeks ago with a script. I followed the tutorial
> instructions and there is a little mistake.

First of all, there is a disclaimer on the tutorial web page about
sending requests concerning the tutorial to me, not the ns-users
mailing list.

> In part IV.3 Sending data,
> the instruction
> 	"$cbr0 set packetSize_ 500"
> sould be replaced with
> 	"$cbr0 set packet_size_ 500"

I would assume that this is due to changes in ns, since the tutorial is
still to a large extent based on ns 2.1b3. I will look into it as soon
as I have more time (I have my last final exam next week, so I am
pretty busy, and I have been for about a year now, hence the lack of
updates in the tutorial).

> Maybe it would be also better to use a transport agent as udp or tcp to
> explain in a better way to newbies how to use ns.

I will put that on the list of possible additions.

Marc

--
Marc Greis                                           [email protected]