Re: RIO

[email protected] said:
> I'm seraching for RIO in ns2. I've found many mails about it in
> ns-mailing-list archives but no answers or links. It would be very
> useful for AF-diffserv simulations. Why not make it public if someone
> has already ported it in ns2 ? I hope for your help or suggests,
> thanks.

I have done some work on RIO at that time, based on Wenjia Fang's code used in
the paper written by D.Clark and W. Fang, "Explicit Allocation of Best Effort
Packet Delivery Service", November, 1997.

My work is done on ns2.1b4. It implement RIO in an simple way, it only can
mark the packet as "in" and "out" and drop based on the marking. It is not
very complete, but it works. If you are interested in put it into public, you
still need to modify it. I am not working on that now, but I would like to
give the code if you can help to make it available to all ns users.

Yun