Date: Sun, 01 Aug 1999 14:42:01 +0100
From: Nguyen Huu Thanh <[email protected]>
To: ns users <[email protected]>
Subject: Trace files for compressed video traffic in ns?

Hello NS folks,

As described in Chapter 25, NS notes and documentation, the class
Application/Traffic/Trace is used to generate traffic from real trace
files. For example, the file example-trace is used in ns/tcl/ex/tg.tcl
for that purpose. However, I didn't find any information on whether
there are other trace files in NS and what kind of traffic was traced in
these files (e.g., Ethernet, MPEG etc.). Could somebody tell me if there
is any trace file for compressed video traffics in ns?

Thank you very much.

Best regards,

Nguyen Huu Thanh

    Nguyen Huu Thanh

    Universitaet der Bundeswehr Muenchen
    Institut fuer informationstechnische Systeme
    Werner-Heisenberg-Weg 39
    85577 Neubiberg
    Tel.: +49 89 6004-2279
    Email: [email protected]