Questions and Problems

Hello,

I would like to change link costs and queue sizes as the topology chages (ie
congestion/links going up and done). The only way in which I can figure out
how to do this is use the at command to run the required algorithm which
inturn changes the appropriate values.
To do this efectively using the at command, I will require to call the
algorith every x milli-seconds. Needless to say it will be a little clumsy.

The code would look something like...

for {set i 0} {i < $MAX_TIME} {i = i+$DELTA_TIME} {
	at $i "calc_network"
}

proc calc_network {} {
	if { queuemonitor pkts_ > 20 }{
		then ...
	}
	.
	.
	.
	.
}

Also in the rtobjects there is distance vector routing, has anyone
implemented Link State Routing?

And finally, if someone could clear this up...
I have the latest Win32 port of NS/NAM and when utilising a for loop like
so:

for {set i 0} {$i < NUMBER_NODES} {incr i} {
	set n($i) [$ns node]
}

I am required to change 'n($i)' to 'n$i' in order to get it too work...
Is this a known bug of the Win32 port?

Thanks people

Colin Horsington
[email protected]
Amos Aked Swift Pty Ltd
+61 2 9264 9640

[email protected]
(University of Wollongong, NSW, Australia)