Re: Pb with ~ns/tcl/ex/wireless-mip-test.tcl

On Tue, 3 Aug 1999, Mickael Vera wrote:

> I've downloaded ns snapshot today, I built it without any problem on
> Linux,

you ran validation?

> I had already installed an older snapshot. As I am intersted in
> wireless and MobilIP,
>
> in ~ns/tcl/ex/ I typed ../../ns wireless-mip-test.tcl
>
> and I had a Segmentation Fault.
>
> I tried with the actual release, I had another error but no segmentatio
> fault.
>
> Is it the same for all people using this snapshot ?

presumably not the ones building with --enable-debug and debuggers to
hand...

on the most recent snapshot I have built (and, despite lack of the
usual BSD licence/version stuff, a cursory inspection of
CVS suggests wireless-mip-test hasn't changed since):

> ns wireless-mip-test.tcl
*** NOTE: no connection pattern specified.
*** NOTE: no scenario file specified.
Starting Simulation...
dsr/dsragent.cc:537: failed assertion `logtarget != 0'

presumably because you can't actually run this as is without
modifying:

set opt(cp)             ""
set opt(sc)             ""

to give a pattern, a scenario file and the resulting Tcl objects,
whatever they might happen to be. I have absolutely no idea...

hth,

L.

would have support files and a one-liner passing names as parameters.

"An example script for wireless mobileIP can be found at
 tcl/ex/wireless-mip-test.tcl. The simulation consists of a MH moving
 between its HA and a FA. The HA and FA are each connected to a wired
 domain on one side and to their wireless domains on the other. TCP
 flows are set up between the MH and a wired node." -- nsDoc, Ch 15.