Re: your mail

> If I want to run the same simulation for many times, only changing some
> parameters, but I want to write data to the same trace file, what should I
> do? Is there any such example?
>
> I tried to use a single $ns for the whole simulation, but I am not sure if
> it is possible. Also I am confused about "$ns run". Is there any parameter
> for Simulator instproc run? The original code has no parameters defined, but
> the NS notes and documents mentioned there are args.

If you start and stop the simulation multiple times, although you can
write to the same trace file, the result is a concatenation of all trace
files, i.e., they are not continuous in time.

I think a better way is to build your simulation so that those different
sims with different params actually co-exist in a single run of
simulation. tcl/ex/rbp_demo.tcl is an example, where 3 different types of
TCP streams are run on 3 parallel (and identical) topologies, but in the
same run...

Of course doing postprocessing and combining traces there is always an
option.

- Haobo