analysing trace files

Dear fellow users,

Is there any method to efficently analyse trace files? For example, I wish
to find out the packet delivery ratio, routing overhead and path optimality
of certain protocols. I know that this has been done by the cmu-ns people
but I couldn't install cmu extension onto my computer. I have however
managed to install ns2.1b6 on my Win95 system. Recently I found out that the
cmu version has a perl script, "totals.pl", which can analysing trace files.
Does ns2.1b6 has anything like that? Thank you very much.

Regards