asymetric link

Hello everybody !

Taking a basic "network" with two nodes and a link, is it
possible to define the link as to have different
characteristics, depending you're going one way of the link
or the other.
Let me get clearer : suppose you want to open a TCP
connection between a client and a server, but you want to
send your data on a given media, but receive them on a
different one.
How do I have to configure my 'simplex-link' (or whatever)
to do so ???

Actually, I'm faced to this problem when dealing with TCP
over satellite, where you want the data to arrive by
satellite, and the TCP's acks to pass through the PTN.

Help would be grateful,
Many Thanks!

	Karim.

Bo=eete aux lettres - Caramail - http://www.caramail.com