Re: CBQ activation question

Well I think your guess is right. CBQ cannot be activated by merely setting
the queue type to CBQ. You need to build the class structure for the link.
In addition to this you have to bind all flows to classes. The following
would be useful to do the same

using

"new CBQClass" to instantiate new classes

"$some_class setparams ..." - to set the parameters from the classes

"$link insert $some_class" - to indicate this class is to be used in this
links class structure

"$some_class install-queue $some_q " to install a queue for a leaf class,
generally a droptail queue.

"$link bind $class $f1 [$f2]" to bind flow f1 to class or the range of
flows from f1 to f2 inclusive to the class associated to the specified
link.

You can read the NS man page for the exact parameters you might need
and it also has pointer to the reference material on CBQ.

Regards

Srikar

Address: H216, Hall V IIT Kanpur, 208016        At Bangalore
Ph: Hostel - (0512)597115                       Address: 31, 32 "Venkatadri"
    Lab    - (0512)597653                       C K Garden, Wheeler Rd Extn,
Mail ID: [email protected],                 St Thomas Town, B'lore 560084
         [email protected]                 Ph:(080)5468598