Problems with wireless.tcl on FreeBSD/Linux/Win95/NT

Using the latest snapshot, has anyone been able to execute the
~ns/tcl/ex/wireless.tcl sample script on an Intel x86-based machine without
receiving the following error message:

Load complete...
Starting Simulation...
(null) - invalid packet type ((null)).

The reason I ask is because I suspect an architecture-dependent bug in the
wireless code is creating this error (see my last post to the mailing list
for more details).  I want to know if anyone using an x86-based machine has
successfully run this sample simulation in order to validate or disprove my
suspicions.

Brett