Quest: interactive input/output method of ns

Hi

I am Hyo Jung Song at UCSD, a postdoc under Prof. Andrew Chien.
For our research project, we are trying to massively use the ns
simulator.

For that, I am looking for a way to enable ns to be interactively
inputted/output from/to other programs : Suppose two user applications
running on a virtaul network topology. The two application
send a message to each other and perform a computation
upon the receipt of a message from the other.
Here we want to  use ns  in the following way : whenever one application

generates a message to the other, the message is fed into the ns and the
ns calculates a proper delay
considering virtual network status. Then, the delay is again fed into
the application and the message
is actually transferred to a destination application  * after the delay
*.

For those, we need the following capability of ns:
 1. An event can be inputted to ns interactively, not a off-line otcl
shell.
 2. The output of the ns, i.e., delay of a message,
  is outputeed immediately when the message arrives at a destination
  application.

I am really looking forward to your answers.
In case you are not the right person i have to contact with,
please let me know the contact point.
Thank you very much.

--
Hyo Jung Song

UCSD/CSE-AP&M, 6414                        Email: [email protected]
9500 Gilman Drive, Dept. 0114              Phone: 858-822-2449
La Jolla, CA 92093-0114                    Fax  : 858-534-7029
USA