setting-up lan bw

Hi,

	I have been trying to simulate LANs using vlan.tcl. Using 2 nodes and a
single cbr source my script measures the bw taken by the source; using a
"record" procedure like the one that can be seen on Marc Greiss's tutorial.
	Now, the bw for the lan is set to 1Mb and the source's rate to 1.5 Mb;
and the source is getting the 1.5 Mb bw!
	From what i could dig up it appears the bw is not "really" set in
vlan.tcl, but there is a default bw of 2Mb defined in mac.cc. Apparently there
is no way of accessing this variable (bandwidth_) from the Otcl side.
	My questions are: am I right that the bw is not settable in vlan.tcl? If
i add a line in mac.cc to be able to set the bw from OTcl, would that be
sufficient? (All i want to use is plain Mac)
	Thanks,

Tarik