Re: lan bw

it seems i had wrongly set the time interval in my record procedure (see Mark
Greiss's tutorial). After narrowing it, it appears the source gets a bw that
oscillates between 0.75 Mb and 1Mb. (is that normal for a cbr source?)
Can i assume my modifications to mac.cc were correct?

> Date: Fri, 3 Sep 1999 10:12:50 -0400 (EDT)
> From: Tarik Alj <[email protected]>
> Subject: lan bw
> To: [email protected]
> Content-MD5: efUD8ualNSvUdhPEEiD9xg==
>
> Hi,
>
> 	this follows my previous message <setting-up lan bw>. I have modified
> mac.cc by changing the line:
>
> 	bandwidth_ = 2.0 * 1e6
> 	bind_bw("bandwidth_", &bandwidth_)
>
> (in Mac::Mac())
>
> 	And it works fine (given i added a default in tcl/lan/ns-mac.tcl. Only i
> have the following problem: i have a lan with 2 nodes n0 and n1, and a cbr
> source from n0 to n1. The source sends packets at a rate_ of 2.5Mb and the
> bandwidth_ for the lan is set to 1Mb. For some reason the source appears to be
> only getting 0.75Mb. I can't figure out why? (this seems to happen for rate_ >
> bandwith_  and no matter how big the packets are)
>
> 	I would really appreciate if someone could give me a bit of explanation.
> 	Thanks.
>

> Tarik

Tarik Alj
INRS-Telecommunications