FlowMonitor Issue

I would like to obtain per-flow packet loss information for a set of
TCP Reno connections and am using the following:

set fm [open out.fm w]
set blink [$ns link $n10 $n11]
set fmon [$ns makeflowmon Fid]
$ns attach-fmon $blink $fmon
$fmon attach $fm

$ns at 19.9 "$fmon dump"
$ns at 20.0 "finish"

When I set up my TCP connections, I am not assigning a 'fid' explicitly
(correct?). My output looks like:

19.900 0 0 0 0 256 2048 1753 1753000 0 0 1753 1753000 0 0 8 8000 8 8000

So, 8 packets dropped of 1000bytes (hence 8000bytes total). However,
there are two flows in operation but the above is the only output
contained in my out.fm file. The FlowMonitor does not seem to be
distinguishing between the flows.

I have a set of experiments which scale up to 5 flows and about 200
packet drops. Unfortunately, these are all contained in a single line
of FlowMonitor output.

Does anyone have pointers as to how to get FlowMonitor to distinguish
flows?

many thanks,
rik wade