TCP packetSize and Applications

I have the following two questions about ns-2.1b5:

1.)
Is it possible to send TCP packets which are smaller than packetSize_ ?
Although my application does a "sendmsg(n)" with n<packetSize_ , the
tracefile still shows that the TCP packet is of size packetSize_ .  The
same is true when I do a "$tcp1 send n" in the script file.
Do I have to set a certain parameter?

I checked the tcp source code (in tcp.cc) and it looks like tcp always
sends packets with size_ = packetSize_ . UDP sources, however, do it
differently. Is there a reason for that?

2.)
Is there a way (or which would be the best way to implement it) to feed
the output of an application into two agents simultaneously? Are there
applications that can be attached to several agents?

- Anton

Anton Riedl

Lehrstuhl fuer Kommunikationsnetze
TU Muenchen, Arcisstr. 21, D-80290 Muenchen
Tel:   ++49 89 289-23506
Email: [email protected]
WWW:   http://www.lkn.e-technik.tu-muenchen.de/~anton