NS2 Installation Problems.

Dear Sirs,
I am a student at the University of Maryland-College Park. I have been
given the assignment of downloading NS2 and installing it. I have
downloaded the version for a UNIX platform. After unzipping and untarring
I have the various files but I am not being able to figure out how to run
the Install file. On giving the command 'install' the following message is
displayed:
usage: install [options] file [dir1.....]

I would be highly obliged if you could help me out with this as soon as
possible.

Thank you for your help.
Regards,
Ankit Goel.