Re: Total Traffic

On Fri, 10 Sep 1999, FADY CHRISTOPHY wrote:

> How can I calculate the total traffic through a link ij between the node
> i and the node j, in ns2.
> Thanks in advance.

I did this by adding a queue monitor to the queue being served by the
link. The queue monitor counted the number of bytes that departed from the
queue, and I divided by the time to obtain the used capcity.

Here's some relevant snippets of code.

-----
proc end {} {
	global qm
	puts "bytes leaving queue = [$qm set bdepartures_]"
	exit 0
}

set link [$ns link $node(0) $node(1)]
# don't think this file used, but it's needed as a parameter - suppose
# I could use /dev/null
set qt [open qmon.out w]

$link init-monitor $ns $qt 0.05

set qm [$link set qMonitor_]