help on ns

Dear sir ,

i have a questions about ns , please if you can help me .
the questions is as follows :

1) i have installed ns-allinone-2.1b5a.tar.gz successfully.
my question about the nam-1.0a7 , when i run this program it works
and the nam window appear , when i select file new a new window appar and then
i begin
to put nodes but when i try to establish a link between these nodes
the program is closed and the following message appear
 " segmentation fault (core dumped ) " please what that means and how i can
fix it.

2) the same for xgraph , it works for continous lines , but when i tried to
plot
discrete points using move command , it quit and the same above message
appears about
segmentation fault (core dumped) .

that's all . and thanks for help.

best regards ,