Initialise the simulation

Hi,

I just noticed a strange use of ns in test-suite-v1.tcl. It didn't use "set
ns [new Simulator]" to initialise the simulation. I am wondering if we need
to use [new Simulator] for each of our test files? I also notice some other
test files didn't use it.

Also in this file, it use "ns" instead of "$ns" all the time. It is a rarely
used this way, I think. Is there any explanation for this?

BTW, what is the difference between test-suite-v1.tcl and
test-suite-v1a.tcl? The latter adding "quiet"?

Thanks,
Huiwen