Re: VPN simulation

On Wed, 15 Sep 1999 11:39:28 +0900, "      " wrote:
>Hi, I am Hwang Won-Joo in South Korea.
>
>I want to simulate VPN(Virtual Private Network) using ns2. But I am a beginer on ns.
>I don't know even it is a effective simulator for VPN.
>In this simulation, I hope to show VPN's effectiveness compring with non-VPN on RTT(Round Trip Time).
>
>Plese tell me about follows,
>1. Is ns a good solution for simulating VPN?
>2. If it is a good solution, how can I make a new protocol (VPN)?
>3. If it is not a good solution, would you like to recommand any simulator for VPN?

1. You're the best person to evaluate if ns is best for your purpose.
I suggest you look at the documentation (at
<http://www-mash.cs.berkeley.edu/ns/ns.html>) and sample scripts (in
the current release).

Ns could be used to simulate VPNs, but you could have to add a little
or a lot of code depending on what your research questions are.

2. See the Greis tutorial (in the documentation off the above web
page).

3. Some related work is listed... on the web page.

   -John Heidemann