Must use C++ ? OTcl is also enough ?

Very much appreciate if anyone can answer this
question.

I want to do some simulation in which I will need to
inherit agents of queue management (including
dropping), transmission (including rate control), and
traffic aggregation.  The simulation will not be too
complex.  I saw many people use C++ in their code even
the simulation is not complex.  According to your
experiences, apart from the purpose that their code
can be included into ns, is there anything (any hidden
facts?) require they must use C++ ?  I mean, can I
just use OTcl if I don't plan my code included into ns
?

  The reason that I have such a question is that I
didn't compiled and installed ns successfully on my
Unix, but I got a copy of binary code of ns running ok
on my machine, so I think probably I can only use OTcl
to write my simulation code.

Best,
Frank