Re: installing ns

On Tue, 21 Sep 1999, Michelle Conway wrote:

> I have a quick question.  What is the command to install ns?  I tried
> "ns <the source directory: .../ns/ns-allinone-2.1b5> <the dest directory:
> ../ns>"
> and I also tried:
> "ns -d <source directory > <dest directory> and it always prints out that
> the first is a directory.  I tried using the verbose mode, and I still
> can't get anything to work.  Can anyone help me with this?

ns is the simulator - it is not responsible for its own installation.
If you supply filename arguments to ns it attempts to load the file and
process it as a simulation script.

You probably need to do 'make install' - this should install the software
in the directory that was specified at the configure stage (or the default
/usr/local, I think, if no directory was specified at configuration). Of
course, you probably need root permissions to install software in
/usr/local.

Hth,
Sean.

-----