RE: Problem with Mac/Csma/Cd

On Wed, 22 Sep 1999, Jeff Donahoo wrote:

> There was a thread (w/ subject Csma/Cd in ns) just last week that answered
> this question.  Basically, the CSMA/CD code has been commented out due to
> "glitches" [Haobo Yu 1999].  You can use the Mac/802_3 agents which
> implement CSMA/CD; however, we have had some problems with 802_3 agents that
> have not been addressed to my knowledge.  (See posting by Jason Todoroff on
> 9/18/99.)

I'm beginning to think that if the ns developers could provide a
regularly-updated list of things that Need Doing, e.g.:

Snoop   broken as of 2.1b3, atticed   detailed info
Csma/Cd commented out                 reasons for being commented out,
                                      glitches that need fixing...
PIM-SM  atticed                       not truly compatible with PIM-SM
                                      standard because...

with pointers to relevant mailing list discussion, they might find
people working on getting them done.

cheers,

L.

http://www-mash.cs.berkeley.edu/ns/mcast.html