Re: packet transfer across multiple LAN's in ns-2.1b5

Guru,

I've found the bug that was causing the problem you noticed.

Basically, as the packet was going up the stack of the first LAN,
hdr_cmn::direction_ was set to "up".  This value wasn't reset
afterwards, so when the packet was sent down the stack of the second
LAN, LL layer saw that direction_ was "up" and sent it back up thus
causing an infinite loop.  I added a one-liner fix to net-interface.cc
that resets this value when the packet leaves the network stack.

Please upgrade your net-interface.cc file from
http://www-mash.cs.berkeley.edu/cgi-bin/cvsweb/ns-2/net-interface.cc?rev=1.10

  -Yuri